Would Botox help my droopy mouth corners? (Photo)

The corners of my mouth have become bulky, droopy, "heavy" since my mid 20s. I can feel (with my fingers) that the skin is significantly thicker around the sides of my mouth than my cheeks. I tried Radiesse in the past which I believe made it worse. Is it overbuilt muscles or something else? Would small amounts of Botox in the DAO muscles help lift & reduce this droopiness and bulkiness? Lastly, could you recommend a highly experienced injector in NYC with expertise in this specific procedure?

Botox for droopy corners of the mouth

Botox injections in the DAO muscles will probably be of help for your concerns. it's very easy to test this treatment. I recommend consulting with a board-certified cosmetic dermatologist with experience in treating the DAO muscles. 

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Would Botox Help My Droopy Mouth Corners?

Botox into the DAO muscles will certainly help you. This is an advanced technique, I suggest having it done by an experienced physician. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Would Botox help my droopy mouth corners?

Botox Cosmetic® injection treatment into the DAO muscles (depressor anguli oris) can definitely lift teh corners of the mouth without adding bulk to the area. Dr. Lance Brown in Chelsea is great at this procedure.  

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Droopy Corners of the Mouth in Male Patient

Thank you for posting you photo with your interesting question and facial observations. Most of the aging of the face, at this point, is due to loss of bone. In thinner, more fit people, it is more apparent. Your facial muscles is the  "skin that is significantly thicker around the sides of the mouth." Although Botox injections can help elevate the corners of your mouth, the results will be subtle and I do not believe that will be the type of results that you are seeking. You can have Sculptra injections to restore the lost facial volume that will give you a natural  and more rested appearance. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is highly experienced  with Sculptra injections for men. Please bring a photograph of yourself from a few years ago, when your face was fuller, at the time of your consultation. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Droopy corners of the mouth

The photos that you have provided and the questions that you have posed are very helpful.  Correction of drooping of the corners of the mouths is often times addressed by careful placement of dermal fillers, Botox injections, or a combination of the two.  The idea is to build a scaffold using dermal fillers to maintain the upward position of three corners of the mouth while at the same time reducing the downward pull of the depressor angular is oris muscle.  At times, the buccal fat pad may also be responsible for the fullness around the corner store the mouth. Other interventions would be needed to correct for this issue.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy mouth

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Botox properly placed in the depressor anguli oris (the muscle that is pulling the corners of your mouth down), is a common procedure to correct the downward corners.  Dermal fillers in this area are also an option to provide support.  My suggestion is that you seek care from a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in injectable procedures.  Best of luck.

Injection of neurotoxins such as Botox into the depressr muscles of the corner of the mouth can have a subtle upward effect. This obviously should be in a small dose and away from orbicularis oris (the muscular sling of the mouth) to minimize the chance of drooling and oral incompetence.

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Improving frownies with Botox

The addition of Botox to the DAO muscle will improve the downturn of the corners of the mouth. I do think that adding a filler to the corners would be an additional benefit an dwould do both.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Correction of droopy mouth

Injection in the DAO works well for most patients.  Small doses can do a lot to help turn the corners upward.  Once that is done some filler in the nasolabial folds might do well for you.  

Dr ODell

Botox injections to the DAO would keep your corners of your mouth turned slightly up and help prevent the pull down.  In addition, possibly having an experienced injector treat your oral commissures to guide them upward might also benefit you.  Hope this helps.  

Grant Stevens, MD