I have one eyebrow higher than the other before Botox.Now 7 days in one is really high! Advice? (photo)

I wanted to balance them out! One eyebrow is higher than other

Eyebrow Asymmetry

I am sorry you did not get the results you were looking for. This can easily be fixed by injecting a little more Botox to the brow that is higher. Having Botox injected by an expert will minimize your risk having such complications.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Uneven eyebrows

This can easily be fixed with 1-2 units over your right eyebrow.  I recommend returning back to your injector for a touchup.  

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox To Fix Eyebrow Asymmetry

It can take up to 2 weeks for Botox to fully kick in. I would give it another week. If the asymmetry still exists then it can be further corrected by adding a little more Botox to the elevated eyebrow. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Asymmetric brows after Botox

• This should be relatively straightforward to improve.  I recommend injecting a small amount above the right brow, which will help.  

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Botox

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. The good news is that this asymmetry can be fixed by placing some more Botox above your right eyebrow. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows after Botox

This can be improved by lowering the higher brow (easy) or raising the lower brow (harder). This takes an experienced injector. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Eyebrow too high before and after Botox

Dear michellelangevin:

Botox can be used to shape the brows, and a tiny amount now in your forehead will bring that brow right down.  In the future, you can have it injected in a pattern that will allow your other brow to lift and both brows to be at the same height.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Peaking Brow after Botox

This is called the Mephisto effect. The region of forehead muscle above your right brow is still very active, while the rest is relaxed. This has lead to the peaking of the brow when you animate. A couple more units of botox will correct this fairly quickly.

Botox is not laser precision. Based on experience and the patient's anatomy, a reasonable dose is placed evenly and then there is a small degree of 'spread'. It doesn't always come out 'perfect' regardless of whether you went to a board certified dermatologist/plastic surgeon/generalist or to a qualified nurse injector, I guarantee you they all correct for this. In other words, it is not bad technique per se.

The worse problem to have is for too much to be placed in this region, which can result in brow ptosis (dropped brow) for which little can be done other than waiting for the effect to lessen. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Higher brow

This can be fixed by adding a few units of the botox in the area of the higher brow. Be sure that you go to an experienced injector that knows the muscle anatomy around the eyes. 

Brow Balancing with Botox

Dear michellelangevin:

Looking at your photos, I would recommend seeing your physician 2 weeks after Botox injection thus giving the product enough time to exhibit most of its effect.  Thereafter balancing can be achieved by injecting a small amount of Botox to the higher brow.  All the best.