After lip lift, scar got thick and raised (Photo)

dear doctors, I had my lip lift two moths ago. At the first days my scar was normal, then I got three zit like pimples, but was not zit. I felt the thread poking. After that my scar got thick more on the right side. Left also but not that bad. I have done everything to avoid hypertrophic scar. I did not touch it, I gently put always sunblocker on it. Why did this happen? I also feel burning and wetness on daily basis.

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question! From the photos you have provided it looks like you are still very early in your healing process, as it can take up to one year for scars to fully heal.  If you are experiencing burning and wetness to the area I suggest scheduling a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to discuss this in more detail.  Good luck in your recovery! 

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. You are still healing from your lip surgery. I suggest that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss the burning and wetness feeling. That consultation will give you the opportunity to refresh yourself on the recovery techniques to ensure your recovery is as smooth as possible.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift Scar

At two months out from surgery a scar can often be thickened, particularly in younger patients.  The scarring process will take a year or more to fully mature.  I would expect your scar to continue to get softer and less noticeable as time goes on.  Younger patient's are more prone to a thicker scar given there more vigorous healing response.  Make sure you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  Take care.

Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS