Why should the cast be removed after 14 days?

I did about 1 week ago a Rhinoplasty removing my hump and fixing the tip as it was hanging down. Now my question is my surgeon told me to remove my cast after 14 days which is 2 weeks but I need to work soon, so do you think its possible to remove the cast after 10-11 days instead of 14? and what is the healing process and why is it needed that long? btw my swollen eyes was gone after 2 days so I guess my healing process was quicker then others. thanks in advance

Your Surgeon Knows Best

I certainly understand your eagerness to remove your splint as soon as you can. Without knowing a lot about your case, 2 weeks does seem a little long.  Only your surgeon knows the full details of your surgery, though, so please check with him or her to see if it's possible to remove your splint earlier. Good luck to you. 

Tucson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Splint and rhinoplasty

I commonly remove the nasal splint about a week after surgery.  Best to ask your surgeon if it can done sooner. than what you were told.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal cast

Nasal cast after a rhinoplasty can be removed in 5-7 days. Your surgeon may have a good reason for keeping it on longer. I would contact your provider and ask if you can have it removed on day 10 or 11. 

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Contact your surgeon

Typically after the hump is taken down, the nasal bones are narrowed to close the "open roof",  The caste helps keep the nasal bones in place.  I typically keep the external splint on for 7 days but it is very important to follow your surgeon's guidelines.  If you wish to permeate from those guidelines, it is very important to talk to your surgeon first.All the best!!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon