What procedure removes back fat folds, extra skin, bra strap fat... etc.? (Photo)

I always gain weight In my arms, back and sides first. I had lost about 60lbs a few years ago which left me with huge deflated flaps of skin. I've gained most of it back and it gives me the most unfeminine figure. Any procedures besides lipo? Extended arm lift? Back lift? Side lift? Lol can these folds of skin be lipoed and cut off??? I just want an hourglass figure.

LASER Liposuction + Arm Lift

Hello Cici,

I always try to avoid the Upper Body Lift because of the scars. I work in Brazil and people do like the beach, therefore  I prefer a LASER Liposuction to tighten the skin. It does NOT remove skin, the results are not as good as upper body lift BUT there is no scar. 

For the arms, I also start with LASER Liposuction in order to use the smallest possible scar (less visible)..

Hope to have helped you. 

Best regards,

Dr. Alexandre Charão
Rio de Janeiro 

Brazil Plastic Surgeon

Procedure for back fat and extra skin

Thank you for the question.   For the loose skin, the best option is excision.   There are multiple ways to minimize the scars.   Liposuction or Cool Sculpt can be used on areas where excess fat remains.   Best of luck to you.

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

What procedure removes back fat folds, extra skin, bra strap fat.

Thanks for your great question Cici. I like to look at the root cause of a patient's problem. In the pictures you provided, it looks like there are three issues. One is the excess fat, next the excess skin, and finally tight, tethered skin folds on the flanks. Unless each of these is addressed you will not have as good a result as possible. The bottom line is that to effectively treat these you will need an excisional procedure which will leave you with conspicuous scars. However, the ultimate shape should be worth the trade-off. Liposuction as an adjunct will help too. I can't really see your arms in the photos so I'm not sure if they should be included as well. 
Good luck and I trust you will achieve the results your looking for.

Bram Kaufman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Back lift horizontal torsoplasty vertical torsoplasty bra line lift upper body lift hourglass

Hi Cici,
Congratulations on your massive weight loss. Thank you for your pictures and brief medical history.
Your complaints about excess skin and fat on the back are not uncommon. Fortunately, there is a very good surgery that can treat this areas.  
First of all, you are quite correct in that you have excess skin and fat of the upper back. Liposuction can remove some of the excess fat.  However, liposuction cannot remove excess skin. You will need the excess back skin surgically removed.  Liposuction alone will not successfully treat your upper back.  
Based on your brief history, limited photos, and not a thorough physical examination, I would suggest a torsoplasty.  A torsoplasty removes excess skin and fat of the upper torso. There is a horizontal torsoplasty and a vertical torsoplasty.  
In a horizontal torsopasty, an incision is placed across the upper back, under the bra strap line.  It is called a horizontal torsoplasty because the eventual scar is parallel with the floor.   During the markings made before surgery, a significant amount of time is spent in the placement of the incisions. This is done to optimize scar placement and have the back scar concealed postoperatively under a bra. This is the surgery that I would suggest for you.   
In a vertical torsoplasty,  an incision is made on each side from the armpit down towards the upper hip.  This removes excess skin and fat in a football shaped fashion from each side. The benefit of the vertical torsoplasty is that the scar is more concealed than the horizontal torsoplasty which runs across the back.  With the vertical torsoplasty, when your arms are down by your sides, the scar is typically concealed. 
The horizontal and vertical torsoplasty procedures are performed under general anesthesia. The procedure takes between two and four hours depending on the amount of excess skin and fat that needs to be removed.
Both the horizontal and vertical torsoplasty can be combined at the same time as a arm lift.
I hope this answers your question regarding upper back lift treatment options.
If you have any questions, please not hesitate to contact my office at (310) 859-7770. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Thank you for the question and pictures. The operation that will achieve your goals is called a "upper body lift". You will find more information on the attached link.  Best wishes.

Upper body lift / bra-line lift + lipo

I would suggest that a combination treatment - of mid and upper back liposuction, together with the skin resection known as a bra-line lift ("upper body lift") would help the shape of your trunk area.  The scars for this surgery are horizontal across the mid-back, and are typically hidden by the fabric of your bra.

What procedure removes back fat folds, extra skin, bra strap fat… Etc.?

Many women experience this distribution of fat. Judging by your photographs your problem is a combination of loose excess skin and some excess fat. Liposuction alone will not completely solve your problem. In order to have the best contouring you would require an excision of the excess skin. Unfortunately this will leave you with a lengthy scar across your back extending into the lateral flank area. Although you would have a lengthy scar you would have significantly better contouring. Most women are bothered by the fact that the excess skin and fat can be seen through loading. This type of recontouring would be a good solution for that problem. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Upper Back Lift

Hello Cici,

Your condition is very common actually after weight loss. I recommend an Upper Back tuck. The scar would be placed exactly on the bra line. This would remove all extra skin on the upper back and lift the drooping skin creases. Additional procedures would be required on the arms and waistline. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Braline backlift

Thanks for the question Cici.  I tell my patients that the only way to reliably tighten loose skin is to take a piece out.  So we are trading a scar to tighten the skin.  In this area we typically try to place the scar under the bra: a "bra line back lift" .  For patients that have loose skin in the back and are willing to accept the scar, this can be a good procedure.  If you can grab skin, pull it up manually and the problem is corrected ( a "lift test" then this can work well.  It is important to see a board certified plastic surgeon who peforms these types of procedures to get an opinion.  If the problem is not loose skin but only fat, then procedures such as cool sculpting or liposuction can be helpful.

Jonathan Hall, MD