Do nipples actually flatten post gynecomastia surgery? (Photos)

I got gyno surgery a month ago and my nipples are still puffy and not flat. Was told to wait 6 months but i dont know if they will actually flatten out. Are there actually people who had puffy nipples post gyno surgery and they flattened out in the next couple months by themselves or is this all horseshit?

Puffy Nipples and Swelling Post-Op

Considering your question about the puffiness you feel after your gynecomastia surgery, you may be experiencing any of the common risks associated with these procedures, including:
  • Asymmetry during the healing process
  • Lumps or firmness under skin
  • Prolonged swelling (edema)
Additionally, bruising and swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal. You can give the healing process a little more time, but you should be able to see your surgeon in person with any concerns or discomfort in order to have the area evaluated for the proper healing process. I wish you the best and hope everything turns out well.

Do nipples actually flatten post gynecomastia surgery?

Thank you for the question. It is important to define anatomic features precisely;  for example, in your photographs, your areola ( and overall chest contour) do not look "puffy".  The nipples, on the other hand, appeared to project normally. 
 Generally speaking, men who have concerns about nipple length and/or width may  benefit from nipple reduction surgery; this  procedure is different than surgical correction of gynecomastia. 

Best to address your specific concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full-length mirror.  He/she will be the best position to advise you after this clear communication.  Best wishes.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your gyno surgery.  In most instances of glandular excision the areolas do flatten and reduce with time as healing continues.  That said there will always be some degree of change to the nipple and areola with temperature fluctuations as well as changes due to emotional state.  I would see your surgeon and point out exactly what is troubling you.  They can help determine if your results will improve or if some other treatment is required.  Best wishes.

Swelling?

It may be related to swelling and it may not. From the side the areola do not look that puffy. If you do not like the length of your nipples then you will likely benefit from a nipple reduction.