Pre and post-op pics of my gynecomastia surgery have been attached. Post op pics are 4 weeks from surgery. (photos)

Post 4 weeks, I felt that there is still fat/breast as my chest is still hanging. Post 4 weeks, I visited doctor he told me that my chest will become flat in 2-3 months as the swelling and fat will be adjusted by the compression garment. He has ruled out the existence of seroma. I have lots and lots of itching on my chest. When I move/walk, there is movement in my chest which does not pain. Expert advice is required for confirmation on whether my chest fill turn flat or not.

Pre and post-op pics of my gynecomastia surgery have been attached. Post op pics are 4 weeks from surgery

It is common to have swelling for a period of time after that surgery. The more work was done, the greater the swelling. I think that in another month or so the vast majority of it should be gone and you can assess the situation better then.

You have great improvement and it will continue to get smaller. Ultimately I think you may have some residual that you will want removed. Time is your friend.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

4 Weeks Post Gynecomastia Surgery

It's still quite early into your healing stage and its not uncommon for each side to differ as each breast heals quite different from one another. Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.