I have puffy nipples, since I was like 11 or 12, but as far as I can see it is not gynecomastia. (photos)

I'm an athlete, and I'm in a good shape. I'm 19 years old and I really feel embarrassed when I need to take of my shirt because of my nipples. I really look what T-shirts am I going to wear because they are really viewable. There is nothing around them, it's just the nipples, and they don't hurt or anything, they just seem they're like full of air. The only time I like them and think they look normal is when I'm cold and they kind of become smaller and harder, and they look just perfect.

I am sorry to hear about the physical and psychosocial problems you have experienced. Based on your good description and photographs, it is highly likely that you are dealing with gynecomastia.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Puffy Nipples Correction Surgery

Puffy nipples occur usually when the most of glandular tissue is present under nipple area, causing puffiness in that area which goes away when removed through a corrective surgery. Glandular tissue need removal to correct this issue. I perform i through trans-nipple incision (a small criss-cross incision at the center of nipple areola complex) which leave no signs of surgery at any part of chest or nipple area because there are no separate holes for liposuction. Your condition makes you an ideal candidate for completely scar less trans-nipple surgery for removal of glandular tissues.You may schedule a consultation with board certified surgeon or many surgeons offer online consultation (consult online through emails) so you may search options to get better suggestions. All the best.

R. K. Mishra, M.Ch, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

About Puffy Nipple Areola Complex

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. 
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

I agree that the main issue with your Gynecomastia is the excess volume of the nipple-areola complex. Surgical treatment will solve this problem. We use a periareolar approach so the scar is practically invisible. We remove all excess gland behind the areolas and therefore achieve a flat (even when you are not cold) aspect of the chest. 

Since the area is small, the procedure can safely be done under local anesthesia or local plus sedation. Some patients that have tissue in the surrounding area, get more extensive procedures that can be done under general anesthesia. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon