Fat deposit more on left chest post gynecomastia surgery. Do I need a revision? (Photo)

26 years, 80 kgs, 5'6". 4 weeks post op, looks fat/ tissue removal on left chest is less than right . On left chest, extra fat deposit near Aerola. Surgeon said no asymmetry & Chest looks fine & not agreeing to any error, wearing Compression vest 24/7 with few breaks for massaging (Secaila Cream) & bath a. Will this asymmetry correct itself & should i wait more? b. Will gymming targeted at Chest area make it leaner? c. Would i require revision? d. Any pill that can absorb the fat?

Revision surgery gynecomastia

It is still to early to actually determine but if there is an obvious residual fat pocket then liposuction under local should take care of that.
i would wait at about 3 to 6 months prior to the revision to allow most of the swelling and induration to subside.

good luck

Fat deposit more on left chest post gynecomastia surgery. Do I need a revision?

Yes I see the residual fat area. Allow 3 months healing than either reoperate under local anesthesia or a new injection should new released by the FDA from Kythera ATX-101 to inject to melt fat... 

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia swelling

This is a very good question!  It is very difficult to get perfect symmetry in gynecomastia surgery, or any surgery for that matter.  Between 3-6 months you should see about what your final result will look like.  If you would be much happier with a revision procedure due to asymmetry which you think draws attention to your chest, I hope you and your surgeon can have a conversation about the options at that time.  No surgeon can guarantee perfect results, but I think any surgeon concerned about the most optimal results will perform revisions in cases where they think they can help.  I charge (albeit at a reduced rate) my patients for the additional time and expense for performing revisions.  I hope this helps!  Hang in there :)

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

4 wks post gynecomastia surgery

At 4 weeks you also will likely still have swelling. You have to give it time to heal this can take 4-6 months. Good luck.

Do I Need Revision Surgery?

Hi Mr. Kool,

Thank you for posting.  You do have an asymmetry based on the photos you have posted. The issue is that at 4 weeks post op it is difficult to determine what the cause of the asymmetry is. It may be due to swelling, excess tissue, or scar tissue formation. If it is swelling then it will continue to go down as time passes. I would not recommend making any decisions on revision surgery until you are at least 6 months post surgery. This will be enough time to determine if and what the procedure should be.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD