1 month post rhinoplasty and hit nose, still swollen 3 weeks later.

I was 4 weeks post rhinoplasty when my husband decided to kiss me hard on my mouth and bumped into my nose hard :( it hurt and I teared up, no significant amount of blood, but now it's been 3 weeks and the tip is still swollen :( side profile still looks great but the front is swollen like and I'm scared j did permanent damage. Please please help :(

Nose swollen after rhinoplasty

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty is very common. It can take up to a year to see the swelling dissipate. Hitting your nose lightly should not affect the results. 

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. And with a trauma can persist more.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recovering from rhinoplasty and minor bumps

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is protecting it while it heals. Minor bumps can happen and it will hurt. As long as there are no major changes in the appearance and no bleeding, it is unlikely you caused any damage. I recommend seeing your surgeon so they can check on your nose and give you reassurance.  Even without a bump, the nose, especially the tip will take months to settle down. 

It's important to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon can track your progress toward a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swollen nose after a kiss

I'm guessing that you didn't do any permanent damage. Just a minor set back. Check in with you surgeon.

1 month post rhinoplasty

Everyone hits or "bumps" their nose after their rhinoplasty. You probably did not hit it hard enough to move any of the framework and since you are still only a few months out from your surgery your nasal tip swelling is most likely normal post-operative swelling. If you are scared the best thing to do is to check in with your surgeon and have your nose evaluated.

Gary Motykie, MD