What Can I Do About my Very Uneven Face?

the whole left side is lower than the right side. from the eyes nostrols to the lips even. I have used fillers to try to even out my lips. I am considering a nose job but what about the rest? :/

An uneven face

We are made uneven, we are ALL uneven.  The right side is ALWAYS different to the left side.  We can try to even it up, but it will never be totally symmetrical.  We must always have this in mind.

Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Nearly everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry.  Having a face-to-face exam with a Board Certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon will give you an idea of your best options.  For example, uneven cheekbones and cheek volume can be made more even (not perfectly even though) and precise use of botulinum toxin can even lift the corner of your mouth on the lower side.  Your doctor may have more specific suggestions for you so take the time to get valid opinions and good luck.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

My face is uneven

It is difficult to assess without a photo or physical exam. Additionally, facial asymmetry is not only common, it is the norm! That being said, some combination of fillers and or surgery may improve the asymmetry. It is impossible to make a face, nose, or any other body part perfectly symmetric. The goal is to obtain a degree of symmetry consistent with what is found normally in the population. I definitely recommend a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. I hope this is helpful!

Uneven Face

Thank you for your question. Generally, facial asymmetry is best corrected with the use of fillers and fat grafting. Yet, consulting with the plastic surgeon may provide a more specific and personal method of treatment for individual cases.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Surgical Procedures and Treatment Plan Dependent Upon Physical Exam

Facial asymmetry occurs to some degree in almost everyone.This asymmetry is difficult to notice in most people, but in a small minority it’s so pronounced that it’s hard not to notice.
Facial asymmetry can occur for a variety of reasons. In some cases asymmetry may be related to abnormalities of the underlying facial skeleton.In other cases, asymmetry may be related to the facial soft tissue.
A variety of surgical options exist for treating facial asymmetry, the specific procedure chosen is entirely dependent upon the patients specific anatomic deformity and aesthetic goals.
Without pictures or a physical examination it’s virtually impossible to determine which option is best for you.Under these circumstances, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate.This surgeon should be able to perform an evaluation and formulate a treatment plan based on your specific anatomic deformities.

Facial Asymmetry?

Most people have differences of their face from the left to the right side. There are multiple options to improve asymmetries depending on the anatomic location, extent of the asymmetry, and the pros and cons of each procedure.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Diagnosis of uneven face

You seem to have many concerns. Do you have a nerve issue, volume issue or ageing issue? Without a proper exam it is not possible to determine the cause or predict a treatment with any degree of certainty. The anatomy of the face is very complex and even more challenging is that the structure is different with every changing facial expression. You will get a  real solution by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon. Most offer free or low cost consultations.

Fat Grafting for Facial Asymmetry

Fat grafting or filler can be used to improve facial asymmetry to some degree.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facial assymetry correctable by fat grafting

Many stars have facial assymetry. Tom Cruise is an example. Linda Evangelista is the top model of the decade and she actually has such assymetry she can be so flexible she can fit into any photo shoot.Fat grafting is the easiest and best way to correct assymetry.An expert can work with a computer and do amazing things

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Asymmetry between the two halves of the face is normal.  Without a photo, it is difficult to guide you further.  However, your options may include fillers, implants, and/or fat grafting.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area who can provide you with a thorough consultation including physical examination to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS