I have read that Flexeril can cause gynecomastia. Can It cause regrowth after surgery?

Hi docs I just had a bilateral masectomy and decided to take 3 flexeril 10mg in last 72 hours to help sleep cause of some back discomfort. After seeing flexeril can cause gyno from those 3 pills can I trigger my gyno again? Or since I had masectomy everything is just gone up to the pectoral muscle?

Reoccurence Possibilities Following Gynecomastia Surgery

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery.
However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future.

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments.

Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

Flexaril causing gynecomastia

Although there are several causes for gynecomastia, following gynecomastia repair all of the breast glands and fat are removed leaving minimal tissue for regrowth. You should be fine.

Arian Mowlavi, MD