How long for Breakdown at T-zone to heal after a lift and breast augmentation? (photos)

I had my surgery May 26th and noticed there was breakdown around June 10th. I'm really nervous about it healing and how long I should expect it to heal. I have been using bacitracin 2x a day. The picture on top was last week and bottom is today. Is it making any progress?

There definitely seems to be good progress toward healing with your skin breakdown following your aug/mastopexy procedure. Remember, you can't rush Mother Nature. It appears you are doing the right things with your treatment.

It may take a couple of months before it is entirely healed, and a year or longer before the scar looks its best. Eventually, this will be behind you and you can enjoy your surgery though.

Good luck to you

Breakdown

I would not use topical antibiotics here.  Try Medihoney Paste.  It should heal over next few weeks.
Good luck, 
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

It appears so

Breakdown at the T-junction can be a tricky one.  I used to just sit and wait and use Silvadene cream twice daily and it would take a while.  I have recently started to go back to the procedure room or OR and, under local or IV sedation, close the opening.  It appears yours is starting to granulate which is good, but this will take some time- like months to re-epithelialize, so you may want to discuss with your surgeon the pros and cons of taking a trip back to the OR to close it formally.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

How long for Breakdown at T-zone to heal after a lift and breast augmentation?

It usually takes 3-4 weeks for new pink skin to grow in.  Your tissues look healthy and must be kept clean and pink to optimize healing.  Please ask your surgeon about wet-to-dry dressings if necessary.

In this presented can abut 1 inch with good wound care. Things that could speed this is PRP infusion therapy with red laser light sessions.?

Wound healing

Sorry you have this breakdown problem. This is he very typical location and appearance when it happens. Yours does look very clean. Yours is one of the larger ones I have seen but still should heal nicely with good wound care over the next 4 weeks or so. I think you will be surprised in 3 months how much smaller and hidden the scar is then. Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but it does appear that the wound is healing and making progress.  Be certain to follow your surgeon's instructions regarding cleaning the wound and applying the bacitracin.  Be sure to let your surgeon know if you develop increasing redness, pain or fever.  With luck and good care, this area should heal in 4 to 6 weeks.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Healing Issue

Your best resource is your plastic surgeon.  It is crucial that you follow up with your plastic surgeon for wound care as well as infection prevention.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD