What is the healing process for breast augmentation with lift?

I plan to get my surgery done in late July. I want to go to a festival late September. Will the healing be through with by then? I know it takes over a year to see your finale results but will I be able to go party in a desert for 4 days, 2 months post surgery?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Recovery period can be over a month, but after 2 weeks you can start feeling better.. you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Healing Time after Breast Augmentation with a Lift

Most women are able to go about their normal activities with minimal restrictions after about 7-10 days after surgery. Modern surgical techniques along with long acting local anesthetics and good use of ice packs after surgery have made the recovery for this procedure very easy. If the implants are placed under the chest wall muscle it adds a little intensity to the early recovery but does not add any length of time to it. By two months you shopuild be well healed and hove no issues at all.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

Healing time for a breast augmentation with breast lift

Hi ChildofLove,

Thanks for you question. It certainly is enough time to heal. Usually, I tell patients that the scar strength is 80% at 6 weeks which is as strong as the scar will ever get. At that point, there are no restrictions. This is certainly within your two month time window. Always discuss this with your surgeon, remember that some lifts will heal differently if more is necessary to get your desired outcome. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastlift @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

Healing Process for Breast Augmentation with Lift

Augmentation Mastopexy is an outpatient procedure under intravenous sedation and local or general anesthesia. The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines.

Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activity may be started 7-10 days after surgery.

If your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. Do not begin light aerobic exercise for 3 weeks and strenuous exercise for at least 6 weeks. Let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Further instructions are provided prior your release. It is always recommend to call and see your surgeon to discuss your concerns on #recovery and #healing.

Healing after breast surgery

You should be quite well healed up by six weeks and be able to participate in any activities without having to hold back. You will likely be a bit sore at this point, but you won't have to worry about compromising your results.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant recovery

As long as you have normal recovery and healing without a serious problem, you should be fine to go to your event. Of course your surgeon should have the final say on advice. Good luck.

Breast augmentation and lift and travel

At two months our from surgery, in most instances, you should be fine to travel and enjoy a party.  Best to review with your surgeon.

Healing of augment/pexy

You should be able to attend the festival two months postoperatively.  Generally, you should allow for 1-2 weeks off from work, limit physical activity thereafter based on your physician's instructions and resume gradually.