200cc implants worth it? (Photo)

I'm a D cup & want to get a breast lift & add some perkiness will 200cc be sufficient? I don't want my breast to be too big ..

Implant Size

I would recommend a larger than 200cc implants if you are looking for upper pole fullness.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing and Lift

Factors which contribute to the outcome of Breast Augmentation are #size, #shape, and #profile. The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
This may also provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest.

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

200cc implants worth it?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Best Implant size with lift

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below:

Should I Get Implants?

Hi Tkm1821... It looks like you have enough size.  Adding a 200ml implant will likely not do much for you.  You should do well with a good breast lift procedure.
Dr. Parham Ganchi - Wayne, NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

You look like you have enough breast tissue. Not sure why you would need implants along with the lift.

With enough breast tissue, lift alone with no implant, will suffice

Thank you for your question and for providing the photographs. As you can tell from previous answers, you have enough breast volume.  I am sure you are larger than a D cup right now.  What we need to understand is what you mean by perkiness?  What are thinking the implant will achieve?  As plastic surgeons when we look at your photograph, we see a breast with significant volume.  However, it is sagging and the nipple is sitting at the lowest point on the breast.  So you have enough volume but the shape of the breast and the distribution of the volume is not ideal.  Your breast would have a prettier shape and the nipple would be better positioned if you had a breast lift.  In fact, you might actually need some of the breast volume removed to give you the result you want.  This is where an in office consultation really is necessary, because we need to know what your goals are and what is "perky" to you.  I will tell you that patients having a lift are prone to recurrent sagging because the skin cannot support the weight of the breast, especially if the breast is heavy and/or the skin is damaged with stretch marks.  In some cases, adding an internal "bra" to suppor the lift with a material such as Galaflex, can be very helpful.  I hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast lift and implant?

In reviewing your pictures it looks like the most important part of changing the shape of your breasts to 'perky' will be a breast reduction/ lift.  You have sufficient breast tissue to that without adding an implant, and an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be able to achieve that goal.  There is a situation where a small implant might be helpful, and that would be if you are interested in having very full upper breasts when you are not wearing a bra.  The pros and cons of combining the reduction/ lift with breast augmentation should be fully discussed In your consultation.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

From your photos, I would only do a lift and not spend the extra money to add tiny little implants that will not add to your result. You have enough breast tissue from what I see to do a lift alone.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

No

With all due respect, your breasts are larger than a "D" Cup.  I would imagine that if you are wearing a "D" cup bra, your cup-runneth over!  That having been said, with your ptosis (droop) you have lost superior pole fullness.  As my colleagues have previously stated, you certainly have enough tissue so as not to require an implant.  Your surgeon will reposition your tissue to give you fullness all by doing a mastopexy or lift with or without a breast reduction. 

Best of luck.