Is this gyno, just puffy nipples, or chest fat? (Photo)

Reasons why I think it's gyno ; had itchy nips in the past , squeezed it for about a month and a tiny bit of white came out but now it doesn't happen anymore no matter how hard I squeeze , and very comparable to other pics of those who suffer from gyno. Reasons why I don't think it's gyno ; there's no hard lump behind my nipple , I've always had puffy nipples , never sore or tender , look perfectly fine erect Also , what are some options , drugs ? Surgery ? Cardio ? Etc Thank you for reading

About Gynecomastia w and Puffy Nipples Complex

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.

Also, men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Gyno? Or fat?

Your photos defitely show puffy nipples. This is often due to gynecomastia, but you said that there is no firm lump behind the nipple. The other cause is excessive fat in the breast. A consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon should be able to differentiate. Either condition is treatable with either direct excision or liposuction (I prefer VASER Lipo in the male breast) respectively. 
Hope this is helpful. For more info, check out the attached link. 
Best wishes
Paul LoVerme, MD, FACS

Paul J. LoVerme, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Is this gyno, just puffy nipples, or chest fat?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction may also be helpful.
My best suggestion seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.
You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

There are two considerations: (1) one is medical and the other (2) aesthetic

Medically, are you taking something that can cause gynecomastia;
if not, do you have  medical condition?
It is bilateral or unilateral? 
Any family history of breast cancer?

Aesthetically, does it bother you enough to address medical or surgical treatment?

A mammogram with help you immediately differentiate between breast tissue and fat
Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

Sometimes this condition is "in the eye of the beholder". Other people might look at you and say it's perfectly normal. If it bothers you enough a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is in order. This kind of thing is treatable through a tiny almost invisible incision inside your armpit. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Puffy Areola

The only way to reduce the puffiness is to remove the tissue beneath the areolar area that is causing the puffiness. A medical history and physical is necessary to understand all elements of your health and possible other related causes. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD