How do you correct an indent after removal of lipoma from forehead? (Photo)

I had a lipoma removed by a plastic surgeon about 4 years ago. Now, I have a significant dent where it was removed. I am very self conscious about it. I can't keep bangs to cover it because of the way my hair grows. :( what are my options? Cost is an issue.

Indentations Can Be Raised Via Subcision & Volumizing Filler

In general, atrophic areas and indented scars can be elevated via subcision, with or without the addition of a volumizing filler. The quality of the photo is not the best, but it does appear that the indentation left after the lipoma removal can be elevated by subcision. I have found that the concomitant use of an injectable volumizing filler, such as Radiesse Plus or Voluma XC (which I use in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice) serves not only to give immediate and gratifying elevation and smoothing, but, due to their biostimulatory effects, further promote new, native collagen and elastic fiber synthesis (neocollagenesis & neoelastogenesis). (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved volumizing fillers are available, I typically opt for Stylage XXL & Emervel Volume for these purposes). For more information on the above techniques, check out the archives of Be sure to consult with a board certified, aesthetic core physician. Best of luck.

How do you correct an indent after removal of lipoma from forehead?

Thank you for your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your indentation.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination a dermal filler can be placed in order to determine the amount of contour irregularity that exists, and is a good non-permanent solution to smooth the forehead.  Depending on your desires and the length of duration of the filler you can later determine whether fat grafting to achieve a more permanent solution is a better option.  Hope that this helps.