Did the surgeon sew the incision too tight? (photos)

I had upper and lower blepharoplasty ten days ago. But concerned with the area above my eye, its not exactly hard but their is a hole. He left three sutures in other areas that I pulled out which made the lower portion lay flatter. The doctor's office didn't seem to be concerned.

10 days post op upper and lower blepahoplasty

Hi. At 10 days post op you still have some swelling. It is obscuring what the final result will likely be. Things may loosen up as well. While it does look like the upper eyelid corner slightly overrides the lower, it is difficult to tell if this is due to swelling from your photo. Give it some time and contact your surgeon about your concerns. Best regards, Ira Vidor, M.D.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Honestly not entirely sure what is going on here.

Whatever it is, it is most assuredly not normal.  Time will help with the swelling.  The issue might just go away but I doubt it.  I think that time will make it more clear that something is not right here.  It looks like the lower eyelid might have been tighten with a lateral cathoplasty.  The corner of the upper eyelid and the corner of the lower eyelid should come together at the same spot.  That is not exactly happening.  Please follow your surgeons directions and consider reposting once you are about 2 months out from surgery and updating us about how you are doing.

Concerned at 10 days post op blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your concerns and photo. Fortunately, you are in the very early stages of the healing process. Your skin will smooth out and everything will look better in a few months. Make sure to go to your follow up appointments with your surgeon.
Good luck,

Healing after blepharoplasty of the upper and lower lids

Healing in this area - between two incisions - may appear irregular and feel "hard" until the edema resolves. Surgeons have different recommendations for postoperative care - be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions carefully. Week by week this area will typically flatten, and the incisions fade. Best wishes on your recovery.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Too tight [post bleph

since you are only 10 days post op I would not be overly concerned.This will smooth out with time and get back to normal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon