3 weeks post lipo and BBL how do I know if my stomach is still swollen or if it's still fat? (photos)

How can you tell the difference? I'm now 3 weeks post op and I'm wishing my stomach was flatter and my waist smaller. I know I'm supposed to be swollen still but how much of me is actually swollen and what is me still carrying around fat. If my waist is measuring at 29 inches now will it possible go down more inches?

Post BBL swelling

Recovery after BBL does have significant swelling, early 2 weeks, residual 6 weeks or more.  Most patients are in garments that long, and longer if persistent swelling.  The garment is as important as the procedure for shaping as swelling lasts 6 weeks and the scar tissue necessary for maintaining the shape is 6 weeks.  Lymphatic massage after 2 weeks helps for residual pockets.

You are still in early stages of healing so it's difficult to determine how swollen you are.  Follow your surgeon's post op instructions like massaging and wearing your garment. It might take 6-8 weeks for the swelling to subside.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon