What is the best way to correct crater deformity while giving me the best results possible? (Photo)

I had Gynecomastia surgery 10 years ago and the doctor botched me and left me with a crater deformity. I would like to know what is the best way to correct this problem with giving me the best results possible?

Doctor Answers 6

What is the best way to correct crater deformity while giving me the best results possible?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good Morning Xstyles54! I would be curious as to what approached the surgeon used, would need to see old operative notes.  However, you would be a good candidate for scar revision of the nipple areolas (releasing the tethered nature) and fat grafting to the depressed areas.  Great physique, keep working hard.   

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

What is the best way to correct crater deformity while giving me the best results possible

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think the best option is fat injections. It will likely have to be done more than once with about a 6 month period of time between to evaluate how much of the fat survives

Gynecomastia Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sorry you are having this problem. While physical exam is optimal, it appears that revision, consisting of superior chest liposuction along with fat transfer is your lower chest is your best option. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Crater deformity after gynaecomastia procedure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your picture and question.

Best would be to have a proper consultation with a qualified and expert plastic surgeon for assessment. Depending on the scar, depth and quality of surrounding skin and subcutaneous tissue revision of surgery can imply scar revision, fat grafting or local flaps or a combination of these technique.

Best wishes

Mr Netri

Concerned about Indentation Years After Gynocomastia Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Crater issue?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is hard to tell from the photos all the issues that you may have because I can not enlarge them.  You might need a scar revision and some fat grafting.  Best to be seen in person.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.