How to get "sunken cheek" look?

Whenever I suck in my cheeks slightly, I have that "sunken in"/hollow look. I was wondering if there is a procedure that can give me this look without having to suck in my cheeks. Would Buccal fat removal be a good way to go to achieve this look? Would losing fat in the face help? If the answer to both questions is no, then what can I have done?

How to get "sunken cheek" look? = buccal fat pad removal + other things #buccafatpadremoval #chubbycheeks

Achieving a thin, defined and chiseled sunken  face requires to address multiple factors, specially in patients with large faces that might have some over weight.
The factors that need to be addressed to achieve a chiseled face generally are:
-Overall body fat: weight loss to achieve a normal or low normal weight for the height ( normal BMI) is a must.
-lower cheek fullness: these could be addressed surgically with buccal fat pad removal
-anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection requires either cheek implants or soft tissue fillers like voluma
-Saggy facial skin: young people usually doesn't have saggy facial skin However,
Patients interested in achieving a chiseled facial appearance with plastic surgery including buccal fat pad removal  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

Buccal fat removal

Buccal fat removal can be beneficial for patients seeking a "sunken" cheek look or defined appearance.  Buccal fat is a distinct fat pad found in the face and when present in excess can cause fuller looking cheeks.  Its removal, which can be done safely in an office setting, can help create a thinner looking face.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat removal - Bichat fat pad - age related volume loss of the face

Thank you for posting this question. Reduction of the buccal fat pad from inside of the mouth might be a good option for what you are describing. It is a pretty straight forward one day procedure. Just keep in mind, that the buccal fat pad will loose volume as we age, and often volume in form of lipofilling is being added exactly in that area later on.  Patients who have "full" cheeks in their twenties, often look much younger in their 30's and 40's, since they still have enough volume in that area, compared to some of their friends being at the same age. Keep that in mind when considering that procedure. 

best wishes

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat pad

Thanks for asking.  Sucking in one's cheek slightly can help approximate the results of buccal fat pad reduction.  Please consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon in person to determine if you are in fact a candidate for this procedure. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD