Are the needles used in the Micro needling procedure replaced for every patient?

I wanted to know are there any chances of Viral agents that are capable of being transmitted through blood transfusion during these procedures. Thanks.

Microneedling-No Cross Contamination

Thank you for your question. The needles used in microneedling come in a sterile package and are for single use only and are disposed of after use. We also use a protective sleeve that slips around the microneedling device. Hope this helps!

Yes, the tiny needles used in microneedling are replaced after every patient. There is no chance of transmitting blood from patient to patient. Needle depth is chosen based on patient skin type, frequency of treatment, and condition being treated. I suggest you consult with a board certified dermatologist when seeking treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Microneedling question

Approved microneedling devices in the US have disposable single use tips to eliminate any risk of cross contamination. Better devices also have a plastic sleeve that covers the hand piece itself (example-Skinpen or Eclipse Pen). Ask what device is used and if it has this feature. Don't bother with derma rollers go to someone with a quality automated device.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Micro-needling Needles

Yes, the micro-needling needles are replaced for every patient. The needles come in a single use sterile packet that is opened at the time of treatment and then the needles are discarded after treatment. Your skin will also be cleansed and prepped prior to micro-needling. I recommend a consultation with your dermatologist or his/her patient care team prior to starting your series of micro-needling so you are able to ask this question and any other questions you may have. Best to you.

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist