Is microneedling treatment safe 3.5 months after revision Rhinoplasty???

Hello. I'm considering a microneedling pen treatment to my face. I had my revision rhinoplasty on February 23, 2016. I'm now 3.5 months Post Op. Is it safe to have the microneedling pen treatment to my entire face, including the top and sides of my nose? Is it safe to microneedle the alar scars under my nostrils at this point? I've read microneedling does wonders for scars. Or is it too soon? Again, I'm 3.5 months post op revision rhinoplasty. Thank you!

Microneedling nose after Rhinoplasty

While I don't see a problem with getting microneedling 3.5 months after a rhinoplasty, I would consult with your surgeon that performed  your rhinoplasty. The main concern would be placing too much pressure on the nose in certain areas. Microneedling can be a useful tool when looking to improve the appearance of scars. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling post rhinoplasty

You can get microneedling post rhinoplasty, there should be no reason you cannot. I suggest consulting an expert for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Microneedling and scars

It is safe to perform microneedling on scars at 3.5 months post-op. This will encourge your scars to remodel and blend with the surrounding skin. Make sure the person performing the microneedling is gentle and does not apply to much pressure on the nose itself during the procedure. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician