Can I get PRP injections for hair loss while on Accutane?

PRP and Accutane ? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, the answer to this question depends upon  the technique used  to deliver  the PRP.  Many providers utilize micro needling Or a microneedle roller prior to or with the PRP. This technique could be a problem with Accutane usage. If the PRP is injected using the Depo technique, I have not found any difficulties when treating patients on Accutane.  In summary, if the skin is intact, PRP and Accutane should not be a problem. Find a PRP expert.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP and Accutane

While PRP is excellent for both hair growth and facial complexion and texture, I strongly advise against doing it while on Accutane.  You should stop the Accutane 6 months prior to having any procedure.  Make sure you inform your surgeon and your dermatologist.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon