Is it normal to feel pain after PRP scalp injections?

I got PRP scalp injections yesterday for the first time. My scalp is soar and it feels uncomfortable. Is it normal to feel pain this long? When I flex my scalp it hurts. How long does this usually last? I took Advil before bed, it helped a little bit but not much. My dr's office is closed today, so I can't call to tell them. Thanks!

Pain after scalp PRP

Yes this is fully expected. It is from the tissue trauma of the injections, it's unavoidable. Your scalp will likely be sore for a few days and sensitive to touch for a couple of weeks. Tylenol should take care of it. Try to avoid antiinflammatoroes like anvil, motion etc because we actually WANT the inflammation, it's part of the stimulation of the procedure.
Best
Lisa Vuich, MD 

Nashua Physician

Soreness after PRP treatment

It is completely normal for soreness after a PRP treatment. You should contact your Doctor if you experience this longer than 3 days. I recommend to take Tylenol in the meantime, that should help.

John Kahen, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP Scalp Injections and Soreness

Thanks for your question!
It is very common to experience soreness and tenderness at the scalp after PRP injections.  The PRP is meant to cause inflammation which can also contribute to the pain post-injections.  
I advise my patients not to take any motrin or ibuprofen (NSAIDs) because we want the inflammation with PRP therapy.  Be sure to contact your physician's office about this.  
Best of luck to you!

Soreness after PRP? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

Some soreness is common after PRP injections. I recommend that you continue using the Motrin or Advil and take a warm shower. This tends to improve the pain sensation.
You might inform your doctor and they can add a small amount of lidocaine to your next treatment. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon