My nipple sunk in after gynecomastia surgery. Any suggestions? (photos)

Only 2 weeks post op, and i know it can take 3-6 months to heal, but so far I am not happy with results. Chest isnt very flat and left nipple deformed/sunken in. Just need some proffessional opinions on how much it can change in healing period and if you think I will most likely need a revision?

Healing & Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery

Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

Usually 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. I suggest you get approval from your doctor before you begin any physical activity and workout regimens. It important to prevent any damage to the surgical sites as you are healing. This will decrease your chance of requiring #revision procedures in the future. The best advice is to be patient as it is still very early in your post-operative #healing. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Nipple Sunken after surgery

This is not uncommon at 2 weeks due to the swelling all over the area and healing scar tissue at the nipple itself. Please be sure to wear your compression garment and stay in close contact with your Plastic Surgeon. What you see now is not your final result. Do not get discouraged.

Steven L. Robinson, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Hello thank you for your question. He you are still very early in the healing phase and it is impossible to tell what your founder results will be. Continue to follow up with your treating surgeon. Many times that results do not look good in the early post operative recovery, And they  soften and settle and improved significantly with time.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Very normal appearance two weeks after gynecomastia treatment.

Because of swelling the contour irregularity of the areola demonstrated in the photograph is very common. There is a very good chance this will totally disappear in the ensuing months.

My nipple sunk in after gynecomastia surgery. Any suggestions?

Hi there,
Dont worry it will get better,
wear your compression garment and keep in touch with your surgeon
best of luck