I'm 21 and 3 weeks post 2nd gynecomastia op,1st 3 years ago. How long will it take to heal? I have infection issues.

All instructions by surgeon was done,And everything looked fine and no abnormal pain,But on 21st day noticed redness&pimple like projecton on left nipples incision point & took it to doctor, he broke the pimple and while pressing the surrounding area yellow liquid mixed with some blood was discharged in average quantity. He said it's just a reaction to the stich he left inside (stich that dissolve themselves) and prescribed me some antibiotics, Will this infection effect my overall results?

Healing & Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery

Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

Usually 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. I suggest you get approval from your doctor before you begin any physical activity and workout regimens. It important to prevent any damage to the surgical sites as you are healing. This will decrease your chance of requiring #revision procedures in the future. The best advice is to be patient as it is still very early in your post-operative #healing. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.