Got to have a testosterone blood test for gyno, is it necessary?

I do strength training, have a decent diet, I have facial hair and all the signs of high testosterone levels, yet when I went to my Dr about my gyno she insisted of having a blood test for this, is there any point in doing so? I've had it for five years (as said in my previous question) and even when i was down to 12-15% body fat it didn't make a difference. I can't help thinking it's not hormonal.

Consulting with a Board Certified Surgeon May Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Got to have a testosterone blood test for gyno, is it necessary

Hi reece,
how old are you?
and if you have had a history of having taken any protein supplement during your exercise regimens then the hormonal test might seem necessary,but in any case the solution to your problem is surgical removal of the gynaecomastia tissues.
best of luck

Are hormone tests necessary?

In all likelihood, your doctor is checking more hormone tests than just testosterone to make sure that any hormone causes of the enlarged breast tissue in a man are ruled out.  If the enlargement is present on only one side and was present when your body fat percentage was low, then hormone causes are unlikely, but it is always best to be thorough and rule out medically treatable causes for the problem before intervening surgically.  That said, given the presence of the problem at your low body fat percentage and if present for 5 years, surgical removal will likely be necessary.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon