Asymmetry post Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions?

I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago done by one of the best surgeons in the UK. I see no difference in the asymmetry in my nose and feel as if the surgeon did not attempt to make my nose more symmetrical. I paid a very large amount of money for this surgery (much more than the average cost of a rhinoplasty). I understand that my nose is still swollen however I believe that despite this I can still see that there is an obvious asymmetry that has not been addressed.

Asymmetry following rhinoplasty

I understand your anxiety but it is very early to be judging the result too harshly. Swelling can often mean that it is difficult to see the change early on and that includes asymmetry. My advice would be to stay in touch with your surgeon, keep your follow up appointments and follow the advice you are given. Try not to judge the result for at least six months. Be patient

Asymmetry post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your query.It would be best the raise your concerns with your surgeon as no one else will be able to assist you at this stage. It is only 3 weeks post op, and you are still very early in the recovery process. If a revision was required, it would be prudent to wait at least a year before attempting it.
Kind regards

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 3 weeks, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD