Will microneedling/CIT help to treat vertical lines above upper lip? Smoker's lines?

I have been hoping to use microneedling/CIT on upper lip area for smoker's lines but I see no discussion on this. Is this not an option? What is microneedling best used for then? Also, if someone has the time I am also wondering if the Vampire Facelift with PRP could help. I'm afraid of CO2 laser as I tend to have strong reactions to treatments. Anything else that could help besides fillers? Infrared technology? Alphahydroxy Acid? THANK YOU! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Microneedling with PRP for smokers lines!

Hello StellaBlue5,

Thank you for your question. You will definitely see results with microneedling to the upper lip for smokers lines. You will most likely need an aggressive approach with a series of treatments scheduled 3-4 weeks apart. We treat many patients at our office who prefer doing the microneedling over our CO2. Best to you, Dr Faraz

Upper lip lines

Upper lip lines can be treated by different methods depending on the severity of the wrinkling. For very severe wrinkles, a ultra thin and superficial filler such as Belotero can be used to restore the volume at each wrinkle and Botox can be used very conservatively to prevent overactivity in the ring of muscle around your lips which allows movement. For thin to moderate wrinkling, microneedling is a great way to stimulate your body to fill in the wrinkles with its own collagen. This usually requires 3-6 treatments over a period of time for the maximum effect.  Most times, patient's have both fine wrinkles and the pesky deep wrinkles that are always there. A combination of all three techniques would allow for both instant and long-term improvement for the best results. Lasers are also an option but with higher risk of thermal injury and longer downtime. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the best treatment plan for your upper lip area. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Profound Radiofrequency Microneedling effective on vertical lip lines

Hi StellaBlue5.  A single treatment with the Profound Radiofrequency microneedling is an effective treatment for perioral vertical lines-much more than regular microneedling with or without PRP that needs multiple sessions.  Combining this with CO2 treatments is a good strategy if the lines are very deep.  Fillers provide some benefit, and small amounts of Botox to control the strength of muscle contraction, but need to be repeated.  Alphahydroxy acids are very mild an unlikely to make significant differences.  Good luck!

Lip Lines -- Co2/Erbium Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Belotero/Restylane Silk/Juvederm Volbella, Microneedling/PRP, Peels

Lip lines are improved best with lasers and microneedling/PRP in combination or fractional radiofrequency devices like intensif or viva.  I suggest you see an expert for a combination approach.  Fillers and botox can also be used to further improve.  Best, Dr. Emer.