How do I get rid of wrinkled skin after inner thigh lipo?

I had lipo on inner thighs 8 months ago. The skin now is wrinkled and looks terrible. Other than a thigh lift, is there anything I can do to tighten skin? My plastic surgeon said there would be no wrinkles and I would have a gap between thighs. Now I have gross wrinkles and no gap. I am 55 years old.

Skin issue

Inner thigh skin is very tough to deal with. The skin is very delicate and the only way to tighten it is really to excise the loose skin.

I had lipo on inner thighs 8 months ago. The skin now is wrinkled and looks terrible. Other than a thigh lift, is there anything

Hi-

I'm sorry your having a difficult time. Unfortunately, the real only definitive option to improve those skin changes is an excisional procedure like a thigh lift. I have been very underwhelmed by the skin tightening devices sold on the market so be wary when considering. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after inner thigh liposuction

Thank you for asking about your inner thigh liposuction.

I am so sorry you have loose skin after your liposuction. Unfortunately, as we get older, our skin loses elasticity, making inner thigh liposuction results hard to predict. Having a gap between the thighs can only be done with liposuction if the problem is fat - at times it is muscle or how our legs fit into the hip bone. The only likely treatment for you will be a thigh lift.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS