I need to have fat removed due to gout and arthritis (Photo)

I'm 5' 8 290lb male i need to lose weight fast but due to being stored in my fat please put me back in the hospital and due to disintegrating bones and stuff I cannot exercise

You are a candidate for surgery.

My suggestion would be for your first surgery to be a bariatric surgery procedure to help you lose the weight you need to prior to any type of cosmetic surgery.  There are a number of excellent bariatric surgeons, and I can personally recommend the surgeons at Rocky Mtn Surgeons in SLC.  The team of Drs. Simper and McKinlay can talk you through the important considerations prior to surgery.

Because of your high BMI, = 42, you should be a candidate for a bariatric procedure based on the usual medical recommendations, and you may in fact be able to have insurance coverage.  The improvement in your health and risk of future medical problems would be a fabulous benefit of the surgery.

Once you have lost the weight necessary to get you down into a BMI of 30 or below, you will likely be an excellent candidate for body contouring procedures such as a lower body lift, arm lift and etc.  Of course, you gotta lose that weight first!!!

If you need any help with referrals, don't hesitate to contact us.  

Be sure to steer clear of any type of cosmetic surgery procedure until you have lost your weight.  Good luck and give yourself the necessary time to get ready for things you'd do to improve your appearance.

Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, but bariatric surgery is

For obese patients suffering from arthrtitis, diabetes, blood pressure issues and other medial problem associated with morbid obesity - bariatric surgery makes more sense then liposuction.

Losing weight to improve gout and arthritis

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am so sorry you have these medical conditions related to your weight.
  • The operation you need is a gastric bypass, also called bariatric surgery.
  • Please ask your regular doctor to refer you to a bariatric surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Fat removal

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture and your description you are not a candidate for liposuction. Liposuction is not weight loss operation.I recommend you see your primary care physician for options to discuss diet, exercise or bariatric surgery for weight loss.

Fat Removal

I'm sorry to hear of your medical problem, and you're right, dramatic weight and fat loss would be of significant benefit to your overall health. But Liposuction is not an answer, to remove 10 pounds of fat with Liposection would be considered a very dramatic procedure, it can even be a life-threatening operation at that volume. You need to contact a surgeon who is an expert  in bariatric surgery. You should be able to see close to a 100 pound weight loss in a year, this is what we routinely see in our patients. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Appropriate weight loss

You need to lose weight by changing your diet.

Obesity has very little to do with exercise with the lack of exercise and is almost completely related to diet.

Try changing to small meals throughout the day and avoiding sugar's, excess of carbohydrates and excessively high fat meals.

Liposuction has no health benefitsand you do not appear to be a particularly good candidate for liposuction.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Wt loss

liposuction is NOT the answer. It is not a wt loss procedure. 

Exercise is also an adjunct to wt loss. Nutrition is the key. You need to eat the right foods and stop eating the wrong ones. 

Get some nutritional counseling and you will lose A LOT of weight just with diet/nutrition alone. My recommendation is a low glycemic diet. Low GI Diet,  by Rick Gallop. 

After wt loss, you may require some surgery for an abdominoplasty, but not until you have lost some weight. 

Best. 

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon