Is this swelling or fat left behind? (Photo)

I had 1500 cc of fat removed from abdomen and sides 7 weeks ago. Now I have two shelves or lumps above my hip bones. The shelves/lumps are numb and I am hoping they go away bc I am very self conscious about them. Thanks in advance

Is this swelling or fat left behind

It is hard to say at this point since you are only 4 weeks into recovery. Liposuction swelling can take several months to a year to be 100% resolved. You are just going to have to be patient at this point. Follow up with your surgeon for possible techniques such as massage or radio frequency treatments to help speed up recovery. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Bulge after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I understand your concern 
  • Fortunately this is probably swelling.
  • Gravity pulls the swelling down and the fat that the areas are numb, means they are swollen.
  • it can take a long time for swelling to subside - so be patient for another 4 months.
  • If the bulge remains, a small touch up may be needed but most should be gone.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo

If the area is still numb it is an indication that there still may be swelling present.  If after all sensation returns and there is no tenderness and the skin and soft tissues are soft and supple,  there is still fullness there,  then a small touch up may be in order. 

Is this swelling or fat left behind?

At only 7 weeks not sure. But after 3 months or 12 weeks it would be excess fat if not one or residual fat.

Swelling or fat left behind?

Hi-Thanks for the question. From the photo you have sent it is really difficult to say. Need to look at both sides to compare. It takes up to 6-9 months for everything to settle down after liposuction. I am sure your surgeon will  only be too happy to see you and reassure you.