Can I spray tan 20 days post op if I cover the incisions?

I'm 20 days post op and was wondering if it would be harmful to spray tan if I cover my incisions? (My incisions are under the breast and already covered with tape)

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Spray tan

Hello, usually incisions are well-healed by 20 days postop and could be covered with a topical agent like spray tan.  However, your surgeon will be in the best position to assess your wound healing and advise whether spray tan should be used.

Spray tanning

Thank you for the question. At 3 weeks post operative as long as the incisions are well healed, it is safe to spray tan. I agree with covering the incisions with tape.

Good choice to avoid sun exposure and skin cancer risk!

Thank you for your question. At almost 3 weeks after breast surgery, if there have been no problems, the incisions should be well healed and there should be no contraindications to a spray tan. Just to be safe, I would advise covering the incisions like you mentioned. And as always, you should discuss this with your plastic surgeon and make sure he or she is OK with you doing this.