What is going on with my lop sided breasts 6 months post op? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation 6 months ago where I had 410CC high profile silicone implants placed under the muscle. I wore a band post op for 3 weeks to help the implants settle however one implant still remains very high (I can still see the incision site). My breasts get firm and lift when I exercise. Why are my breasts lopsided? Also, are my implants positioned too far apart laterally? My breasts are still quite firm and it is difficult to achieve cleavage even with a push up bra.

Lopsided Breasts

It is hard to tell without seeing pre-op photos. You may have developed capsular contracture. I'd recommended contacting your surgeons office for an exam. 

Best of luck to you!

Capsular contracture

It looks like the two breasts are very different shapes.  You may have a capsular contracture and might need revision surgery.

What is going on with my lop sided breasts 6 months post op?

Hard to answer this without seeing your preop photos and conducting an in person exam. However, if your higher implant is firm, you may be developing a capsular contracture that is preventing it from dropping. Keep in mind that larger implants sometimes take a bit longer than 6 months to fully drop and settle. Best to see your operating surgeon so he or she can properly evaluate and examine you in person. 

Breast asymmetry

Hello, and thank you for posting photos along with your question! One thing that would really be useful in this situation would be to see your pre-operative photos. That can give a lot of important information on the native breast shape, position and volume. After breast augmentation, unless specifically addressed, many of these natural characteristics of each breast do not change (except for volume.) If one breast is larger than the other pre-operatively (which is almost always the case) then post operatively the breast will still be bigger (if the same size implants are placed in both breasts). Also, it would be helpful to know whether the implants were smooth or textured.

Also important would be to know how your breasts have progressed since surgery. The breast that you feel the implant is high....did the implant start to drop and then start to raise or did it never drop? This can be one of many issues but some initial thoughts are you may be experiencing an implant that just didnt drop, maybe your breasts were very different before, or you may be experiencing early capsular contracture. The only way to diagnose whats going on is by evaluating you in person. I think the best advice would be to go to see your plastic surgeon and have them evaluate you and then discuss your concerns with them.

As far as cleavage goes....That is based on your breast gap pre-operatively and many times cannot be changed without risking future complications (synmastia AKA uni-boob)

I hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon