Pseudoptosis. Augmentation or lift? (Photo)

47 y/o. 5'9. 130 pounds. Lost fullness in breasts. Would like to regain fullness. Prefer natural look..Current size 34B/C would like to be full D.I do not want scars. One Dr visit suggested I could have an augmentation with 330cc now with a lift in few years. Research has me perhaps in that "gray" area. I believe that a dual plane technique (do not want "double bubble")with perhaps silicone moderate profile ( prefer saline) but feel of breast is trumping that decision. Opinions?

BA without lift

Breast augmentation without the lift would probably be suitable for you, based on your photos. Dual plane sounds suitable as well, but you should trust your surgeon’s recommendations following your in-person examination. A correct breast implant size and shape would give you the lift you need without a mastopexy.

Breast augmentation with Dual Plane method

Based on your photos, I strongly believe that augmentation only done by dual plane technique plus some other special steps in our technique, will give you a very good result.

Obviously the technique used in your case cannot be the same as the one used in a standard breast augmentation.

If the inframammary fold is exactly where the rule is placed in the photo, I am sure that a tailor made for your case breast augmentation, will give you a very good result.

Breast contour #breastaugmentation #cosmeticsurgery #implants #breastlift

Dear YSC

Thank you for your questions and photos! Your arms are raised in the photo- so you may have more ptosis and breast position may be too low for a submuscular implant placement. A proper history and physical exam/ consult is necessary to provide advice.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a good candidate for a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique of implant placement.  I don't think you need a lift, but only a full examination in-person could accurately determine this.   The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Adibfar

Hello ;

Although a full examination would be necessary to give you an exact recommendation, based on your photos and concerns you may benefit from  tear drop gel implants (full height and full projection) in a dual plane position .

I would re-evaluate in a few months and should you not like the position of your nipples then a simple periareolar mastopexy can be done under local anesthetic.

Please feel free to view our full "breast enhancement" gallery attached below where you could find cases similar to yours.

Thank you

Implants maybe areolar lift

Implants would add volume. If the areola is a bit low or skin a bit loose, a circumareolar lift may help.

Pseudoptosis. Augmentation or lift

I believe a dual plane implant will leave the implant higher on the rib cage and will not be positioned behind the nipple appropriately. If you do not want a lift, then the implant must be placed to allow the nipple to be in the center of the new mound. That would require a lower set implant and it would not have much or no coverage by the pectoral muscle

Julio Garcia, MD

I think you'd do well with just the implant

You're correct that a "dual plane" placement of the implant is the right approach. You are on the borderline for an implant so my approach would be go ahead with the implant, then reassess at 3-6 months after surgery and decide if you want the lift. Once that scar is on you, it never comes off! My preference if for silicone implants -- much more natural feel and look in someone who has very little breast tissue.  Sientra moderate plus is a great implant -- makes a solid change without being obnoxious!  Good luck.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation to replace lost fullness

You are on the right path to a good result, but I would not predict you will need a lift in a few years.  Be sure to get a second opinion to get reassurance you are seeking.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Pseudoptosis and breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and attaching pictures. It is difficult giving suggestions based on photos alone. The measurements of your breasts, health history and exam with a board certified plastic surgeon will determine which option is best for you. This said, based only on your photos would be to perform a breast augmentation using a silicone gel implant. This implant will give you a very nice, natural look and feel. Your surgeon should pick an implant that will fit the base diameter of your breast and one that will give you enough volume to fill out the upper pole (cleavage). You may indeed need a lift down the road, but for now an augmentation alone will give you a very nice result with minimal scarring in my opinion. Good luck.