How long after surgery I need to be off phentermine after Breast lift?

I am curious to see how long after surgery I need to be off phentermine? I stopped 2 weeks before & I am now 3 days post op. Is it safe to start them up again? Thanks!

Phentermine.

I recommend patients stop for 1 month before and not resume for one month after surgery. Some surgeons are very particular about meds you take around the time of surgery. It's best to ask your PS. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Phenteramine and surgery

I would recommend stopping 1 month before surgery and 1 month after surgery to ensure the safest results.

Stopping phentermine before surgery

Thank you for your question about your breast lift.

• I ask my patients to stop phentermine 2 weeks before surgery and resume it no earlier than 2 weeks after.
  • Please check with your surgeon before taking it again - only s/he knows what other medicines you ar taking and exactly what surgery was done.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

I recommend that my patients discontinue diet medications and supplements 2 weeks prior to surgery and for 2 weeks after surgery. These types of medications can increase bleeding during and after your procedure.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

How long after surgery I need to be off phentermine after Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  I would wait at least 8-12 weeks before starting a weight loss supplement.   Ask your surgeon for his or her recommendations when to restart. 

Phentermine

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend that you be off the drug for one month after your surgery.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL