Am I suffering from lipedema? Or a regular lipo could help me get rid of my saddlebags and the fat on my thighs? (Photo)

I suffer from water retention and regularly have small oedemas on my legs. I've researched and found information about lipedema now I'm wondering if that's what I've got. I've been gaining weight for the past 2/3 years on my leg and stomach area, I eat healthy and I'm quite active and exercise twice a week, but I still have the saddlebags, big knees and swollen legs. I'm thinking about liposuccion but I'm not if it would help. Based on my photos what would be the best solution? Many thanks

Lipedema diagnosis and treatment

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell with the photos alone whether or not you have lipedema. Typically, patients get circumferential swelling to the legs all the way down. It does look like you have that type of fullness in the thighs all the way around. Usually patients with lipedema have fullness in the calves and ankles, which in your case look like they are quite well sculpted. You may be having swelling for other reasons. However, if you have pain in your fatty layer that would strongly point towards this being lipedema. Without pain, I would call this lipedema. The first thing I would do is get diagnosed properly and discuss your symptoms with a doctor. Please seek a board-certified surgeon when planning your treatment. Thank you and best wishes.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipedema Treatment and Liposuction

Lipedema is best treated with liposuction.  Please see an expert who is trained in the proper techniques for your individual case.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Am I suffering from lipedema? Or a regular lipo could help me get rid of my saddlebags and the fat on my thighs?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Lipedema is an increasingly common diagnosis but one requiring an in-person evaluation.  Treatment is similar to other areas of localized diet and exercise resistant fat pockets - liposuction.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. 

I see no lymphedema in posted photos! Appears as just FAT. Liposuction of any technique can help. Seek in person opinions from boarded plastic surgeons.