What size and type of a chin implant do you recommend? (Photo)

chin with wings or without? What type of implant exactly? Small, medium or large? Placed from inside the mouth or outside?

Chin implant

Your pictures demonstrate a mild to moderate form of microgenia (Latin for small chin). I recommend a small or a medium implant and the use mini-titanium screws to secure the implant to the jaw bone. I prefer to use a contouring device that allows me to better fit the implant to your face. What is commonly referred to as "wings" can be sculpted in a similar fashion to improve the transition between the implant and the bone for a more natural look and reduce the "over-augmentation" that can occur with wings if they are not secured to the bone. Make sure you review plenty of photos prior to your procedure.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes by a variety of manufacturers.  A size medium might be a size small from a different company. In our practice,we use mostly size small and medium implants manufactured by Implantech.  We place the implants  through a sub mental incision, not the intra-oral  route. For many examples and more information, please see the link and  video below

What size and type of a chin implant do you recommend?

Most likely you would benefit from a small to medium chin implant.  If you place your finger from your chin straight down, your chin should almost touch your finger.   Yours is behind and an implant would provide projection to better balance the lower half of your face.  I recommend placing the implant through an incision under the chin.  I would use an anatomical implant.

Chin implant

A rough guess would be a medium anatomical silastic implant. However, the surgeon you chose would be wise to have several different "sizers" to try during the actual procedure to see which one looks best. Another factor to consider is the fact that you have a very defined "sublabial groove", which corresponds to the internal attachment of your lower lip to the gum. So it is important not to increase the chin projection too much or it would produce a "witch's chin" deformity.

Stephen J. Pincus, MD

Chin implant

Thank you for your question and photos but your concerns can best be answered with an in person examination aided by digital photography so you might see how you might look following surgery 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Chin implant choice

If you are of average height, I woukd likely recomennd an medium extended anatomocal silastic implant insrted externally. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are probably 50 or more combinations of shape and size so it would take an exam and sketal and facial measurements to make such a complicated decision.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD