Can I still get rhinoplasty surgery if I have had silikon 1000 injections in the past?

I had a few sessions of silikon 1000 with micro droplets years ago. But I still think a surgery is better. Am I still able to get a rhinoplasty or no?

Rhinoplasty after injections to the nose.

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to improve the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Filler injections to change the contours of the nose is not new, but it has gotten increasingly popular. Here are a few things to be aware of: Similar to other "danger zones" injections to the tip of the nose can risk injury to the blood supply. Permanent fillers can get infected. Temporary fillers stick around longer in the nose. A patient who had filler 5 years ago still had pockets of fillers in her nose. Any filler material is typically removed during surgery. This may leave a lumpy texture to the skin and your surgeon will have to work hard to smooth things out. 

I would recommend you bring these issues up with your surgeon so they can plan out a safe rhinoplasty for you. Safety comes first. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Silikon Injections

I have done rhinoplasty surgery in patients after Silicon injections but I would need to see you to determine where and how much was injected. A large quantity of material over a large area could be problematic. 

Rhinoplasty after silikon 1000 injections

It is possible to have rhinoplasty after having silikon 1000 injections. Silikon 1000 injections are considered permanent and therefore will likely be encountered during your rhinoplasty. If the silicone must be removed, then you may need additional tissue to volumize the areas which were excised. This may require additional fascia or cartilage grafts which should be planned in anticipation of this scenario. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine the safest and most effective rhinoplasty steps to achieve your desired nose. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Surgery after silicone injections

the silicone injections will have to be removed if they do not help with contouring of your nose; if the injections were in the dorsal nose, you can have these replaced with a diced cartilage construct.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Silkon 1000 and rhinoplasty

Most likely, you can have a rhinoplasty.  The results will depend partly on where the injections were.  It can cause inflammation and make the skin thicker which will limit results.  Regardless, a board-certified surgeon who is an expert in complex cases will be able to address these issues.  Best wishes

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty after silicone injections?

Yes, you can have a rhinoplasty after silicone. I have done this several times and you should not have a problem. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.