Protruding excess fat pocket on one side of mouth? Very uneven dimples/smile lines, what can be done to fix this?(18) (Photos)

The right side and left side of my mouth are so uneven especially when I smile, and it has caused me to become increasingly more and more insecure. It shows up a lot in pictures when I smile which has caused me to avoid getting my picture taken almost entirely. In the first photo I'm smiling naturally, and in the second I am lightly pushing that excess fat back to even out my smile for the desired look. I don't want to live my life feeling insecure- please let me know what can be done. Thank You

Asymmetric smile

Thank you for asking about your smile asymmetry.

• At least in the photos, you appear to have a beautiful and very symmetric smile -
  • Our two sides never perfectly match.
  • it is possible that a tiny injection of Botox might smooth out the muscle pull on the one side but you would need to see a plastic surgeon for an examination to be sure.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Uneven fat pockets on the side of your mouth.

The best recommendation is to have an in-office consultation with a board certified specialist who can best advise you on the different options and guide you to best achieve the results you seek.  

Kimberly Lee, MD