Buccal fat removal candidate? (photos)

Hello! I am 22 years old. I wanted to see if I may be a candidate for buccal fat removal. I weight 125-137 pounds and stay between 18%-24% bodyfat. My face does get thinner but still very large.. large cheeks run in my dads side of the family.. they get larger with age ! My paternal cousin, aunt, grandma, and dad have huge cheeks. I even bite them often by accident. I ALWAYS have to countour or edit my photos so i dont look like a huge egg. The photos have makeup+ i slightly suck in my face :/

Buccal fat reduction

Stacey, thank you for your question.  While you writing in your concerns, you mentioned the key words that I ask every patient who is considering this procedure - "suck in cheeks" look.  The key with buccal fat surgery is not in removing all of it, but rather in careful reduction that leads to appropriate contouring for your face.  You do have to remember that buccal fat surgery does nothing for your cheekbones - and you have youthful, high cheekbones to start with.  Being overly aggressive can lead to a gaunt, sunken look. That being said, from what you mentioned and based on your pictures, you would do well with appropriate buccal fat reduction as you have realistic expectations of what you want and are looking for.  Best of luck! I hope this helps. 

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon