My nose didn't swell up after rhinoplasty?

I got my cast off and I don't see much swelling on my nose, except some on the bridge. I love the way it looks but I don't want it to get any slimmer. What is the ideal time for closed rhinoplasty to see the final result for swelling?

Closed rhinoplasty and healing

Dear askigquestions

• First of all congratulations on your satisfaction with your early result.  Enjoy it. 
  • The edema, swelling, numbness and way the nose feels when you touch it will change over the next months.  
  • Protection from being bumped by a pet/friend/athletic endeavor and sunscreen are two ways to avoid problems in this early period. 

Best Wishes

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear askigquestions, Many times patients will not have excessive swelling after rhinoplasty and the splint helps keep the swelling to a minimum. You may see some swelling occur after the removal of the splint and this will dissipate over the coming months. Follow up with your surgeon he/she knows best what your expected result should be. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Post- rhinoplasty swelling

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post-rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your facial plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

It sounds like you are doing a great job taking care of your nose.  Usually, you will notice minor changes over a few months as total healing can take up to a year.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD