Is it normal to have swelling in lower back after BBL six weeks post ?

I got a BBL procedure March 2nd 2015 , I'm still experiencing pain in the lower back region where light but was performed it's extremely swollen still like a pouch . Just wondering if this is normal six weeks postop. No pain or swelling anywhere else

Is it normal to have swelling in lower back after BBL six weeks post

Thank you for submitting your question. A photo would be helpful.  It may take up to six months for the swelling to subside and the true result seen. The lower back is normally very fibrous and the swelling will last longer in this area. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. I hope this helps. Best wishes

Swelling after liposuction

During BBL the lower back and waistline is contoured to improve overall appearance. This can lead to moderate swelling and hence the reason for the garment. If the swelling is excessive or persistant it may represent fluid correction that should be aspirated. Please have you PS check the area.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

that could represent a fluid collection that may need to be aspirated. A photo is needed. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon