Why do I still have nipple pain 6 months after partial capsulectomy?
Doctor Answers 3
Nipple pain 6 months after capsulectomy
- I am so sorry you have persistent nipple pain.
- Feelling in the nipple can be affected by any breast operation -
- It ranges from permanent numbness to intense pain -
- A marcaine nerve block can help the nerve to heal. .
- Ask your surgeon if s/he would consider a marcaine nerve block -
- If it helps - ie pain is less for 24 hours or longer - additional ones can be done.
Why Do I Have Nipple Pain 6 Months After Capsulectomy?
I have seen nipple pain after a breast augmentation last over a year. However I have never seen nipple pain that didn't subside and finally vanish over time. I wish I had a simple answer for you, however there may be an analogy between nipple pain after a breast augmentation and finger painting after hand surgery. If you were my patient, I would suggest desensitizing the nerve to the nipple by whatever means your plastic surgeon suggests. I remember back when I did hand surgery, the hand surgeons would often recommend tapping the hypersensitive finger to desensitize it. The recommendation I just espoused may be brilliant, and then again it may be total malarkey, but it is the best I can come up with on short notice.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.