Deformed breasts and nipples! Is this fixable? (Photos)

I got a breast lift with implants (under muscle) 2 years ago, there were some complications with my right breast, it wasn't healing right and I had an open wound right under my nipple. My left niple is oval shape and it looks like a kid cut it out because it has jagged edges(actually on both). Both breasts had dropped so much since but the left one looks terrible like hanging tissue and the implant is on top. Please I need help my breasts looks so deformed and it's really depressing.

Deformed breasts and nipples! Is this fixable?

Thank you for your question and photo.   You can have a revision to correct the widened areolas and the lax skin..  discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Shape Abnormality of Breast and Areola after Mastopexy Augmentation

Yes, this can be improved with a revision.  There is excess vertical and horizontal skin excess, which when reduced will give a better shape. The shape of the areolas can be improved and made more round. One of the difficulties with contemporary techniques for breast lifts is that the skin is used to support and shape the breast. This has the limitation that skin stretches. You can get t a nice snug lift and then the skin can stretch and the distance from nipple to fold can increase. The larger the combined size of the breast and implant, the greater the stretch effect. Some plastic surgeons will do the lift and augmentation separately, the lift first, because the combined mastopexy augmentation operation has a relatively high revision rate.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

It is fixable

and your results are not anything a good surgeon will be proud of.  You should see your surgeon and find out what it would cost to revise it to improve your appearances.  What it appears is that you will need a very aggressive tightening of your lower pole and elevation of your nipples where they could be improved in shape.  But your prior procedure may lead to more complications so your surgeon must be careful.  You should know the differences between what a vertical life versus an anchor lift will do for you so you can pick what will be best for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision surgery would be a great option for you. Since I do not know what you looked like before surgery it is hard for me to say if you should have staged the procedure or not. I do them together almost always but if a women has quite a bit of sagging before the surgery I will stage them and do the lift first then implants several months later. This gives the opportunity to really shape and reduce the breast as needed then fill them out with an implant. So, this would sort of be like a two stages surgery for you but you will need the lift again from what I can see. That will allow for making the areolas more symmetric and to reduce some of that low sagging skin you have at the bottom of your breast. Hope this helps. Sincerely,DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast lift and augmentation in need of revision.

Since you have waited over a year your tissues and skin have become relaxed allowing for a major revision of your uplift and areolae.  The potential for a significant improvement is there and should be reviewed with one or two Bd Certified plastic surgeons of your choice. With luck you will not suffer the same complications as occurred after your first procedure.Regards,Jon A. Perlman, M.D. FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) Beverly Hils, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Dear Payne05It is always difficult not to have the results that you want after surgery. In your case, I agree that a revision can both revise your scars to less noticeable and more symmetric positions and it can also improve your breast projection and shape. You should discuss revision with your surgeon and look into options for revision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Lift and/or Augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photos. Often with delayed wound healing and/or infection, the scar healing will be suboptimal. Scar revision alone would be indicated if you were happy with your breast shape and implant position. However, it sounds as though this is not the case. Often the next step comes down to one of several choices. These include revision augmentation with or without size change, revision mastopexy, or a combination of both procedures. I would discuss your very valid concerns either with your original surgeon, or another experienced plastic surgeon in your area.  With a consultation & in-person exam, they can give you much more detailed information than can be provided by the limitations of this forum. Best of luck to you.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Revision

It looks like you could benefit from a revision breast lift. Best to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Revision breast lift planning

As you know, it is not  possible to offer definitive advice online but it may be that your implants are OK and a revision breast lift would be enough. That would restore projection, improve shape and improves the scars and nipple shape.

Richard Baxter, MD

Double bubble deformity

Revision requires a expert in breast reconstruction. Seek a specialist in your area. Open capsulectomy with complete mastopexy revision is required

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS