How long does it take for a WELL PERFORMED lip lift to heal?
Doctor Answers 1
Lip lift - how long to heal?
- Healing varies from one person to the next. This is the usual progression of a lip lift -
- Week 1, sutures are removed, lip is swollen and incision visible.
- Week 2, swelling subsides, lip still feels stiff, incision redness makes it visible.
- Week 2 - 4, concealer can be applied to conceal lip
- Six months - final result with no swelling and faded or fading scar.
- Most people need to stay away from people who know them for 2 weeks after a lip lift - unless they have an explanation that diverts attention - the best is to say one had a minor injury which is of course, true.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.