How long does it take for a WELL PERFORMED lip lift to heal?

I am interested in getting an upper lip lift but I want to be very discreet about it. I don't plan on telling my friends or family about it. How long do I have to hide from my friends and family until the scars from my lip lift are undetectable?

Lip lift - how long to heal?

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • Healing varies from one person to the next. This is the usual progression of a lip lift -
  • Week 1, sutures are removed, lip is swollen and incision visible.
  • Week 2, swelling subsides, lip still feels stiff, incision redness makes it visible.
  • Week 2 - 4, concealer can be applied to conceal lip
  • Six months - final result with no swelling and faded or fading scar.
  • Most people need to stay away from people who know them for 2 weeks after a lip lift - unless they have an explanation that diverts attention - the best is to say one had a minor injury which is of course, true.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS