How long does it take for a WELL PERFORMED lip lift to heal?
Los Angeles, CA
11 months ago
I am interested in getting an upper lip lift but I want to be very discreet about it. I don't plan on telling my friends or family about it. How long do I have to hide from my friends and family until the scars from my lip lift are undetectable?
Doctor Answers 1
Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
- Healing varies from one person to the next. This is the usual progression of a lip lift -
- Week 1, sutures are removed, lip is swollen and incision visible.
- Week 2, swelling subsides, lip still feels stiff, incision redness makes it visible.
- Week 2 - 4, concealer can be applied to conceal lip
- Six months - final result with no swelling and faded or fading scar.
- Most people need to stay away from people who know them for 2 weeks after a lip lift - unless they have an explanation that diverts attention - the best is to say one had a minor injury which is of course, true.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.