Corner lop lift jowl swelling. Any suggestions?

I'm 9 days out from a corner lip lift and the lower part of my face is extremely swollen. It looks like I have huge jowls and the swollen areas feel hard. Could this be permanent scar tissue formation? I'm scared I'll look like a freak forever. Is there anything I can do to make this go away?

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you follow diligently the recovery instructions provided by your single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon. Your surgeon may prefer certain ointments and creams as part of the healing process. Swelling and bruising after surgery is natural, and patients typically need one to two weeks for it to subside.    Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon