What would be the best way to lengthen my upper lip so that it is as long as my bottom lip? (Photos)

I would like my top lip to reach to the end of my bottom lip. I am not interested in more volume, it's just too short. Is a filler the best way to go or would a Botox lip flip work? I just want the pink to show all the way to the end. Thanks!

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip augmentation through fillers is available to create a longer top lip which will create a more symmetrical appearance to your lips overall. Strategically placed fillers by an experienced surgeon can work to accomplish this so I suggest that you move forward with a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lengthening

Thank you for your photo. The best way to lengthen your lip at the corners is to use a very minimal amount of thin hyaluronic-based filler placed at the correct depth to roll the pink edges out at each side. You can keep a very conservative and natural look if this is done appropriately. It is important to have an in-office examination to determine where the filler should be placed. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lengthening upper lip

There are indeed several procedures to lengthen the upper lip, and a few others to make the lips prettier as a whole.  

As with most other things on the face, the entire facial proportion should be considered to maximize beauty, not consider one single factor.

Patients often know there is something they don't like about an area, but it is very helpful to discuss all the options and what they can realistically achieve with a surgeon interested in such things.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Lengthen Asymmetrical Lips --- Fillers, Implants, Fat; Botox May Help

I do a combination of fillers and botox to improve symmetry of the lip.  Fillers for size and shape and botox for the smile movement/asymmetry.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How to lengthen an upper lip

Dear jacksyy,

• A small amount of filler can reliably help you achieve your goals
  • The benefit is that you can see the results immediately
  • Botox does not last as long and may not give you the look you want, it can also make it difficult to drink through a straw or whistle if placed incorrectly

Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of a dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Widening upper lip

This can be done using HA fillers. It will make the upper lip somewhat larger. Please see a highly rate injector that has good recommendations from your friends.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

What would be the best way to lengthen my upper lip so that it is as long as my bottom lip?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Your concern is one voiced by many patients pursuing a lip augmentation and can be improved with the use of dermal filler.  Placement near the corners of the mouth will increase the amount of visible red "show" which will lengthen the upper lips appearance so that the red of the top meets the red of the bottom at your mouth's corner.  Hope this helps.