What should I do to improve the eye area?

Hello! I'm a 23 year old woman who would like my eyes to look a bit more "refreshed", awake and youthful. My eyes have always looked like this - under eye hollows and droopy eyelids. I think it makes me look more tired than I am, and maybe even older. I would have preferred to do a real brow lift + upper eye lid surgery, but for now I'm looking for more reasonably priced treatments. Could a Botox brow lift and a tear trough treatment with Restylane be good options? On beforehand - thank you!

Filler injection under eye to improve tired appearance and dark circles

I don't think you have droopy eyelids, however you do have under eye hollowness which is best treated with filler injection. Other options are also available. See link and video below.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Refreshed Eyes

Botox and Restylane to your tear troughs would be a great option to help your eye area look more awake and youthful. Starting with a conservative treatment could help you achieve the results you desire. A certified experienced injector can help provide a consultation, plan, and safe/effective treatment.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye Rejuvenation and Botox

A combination of Botox and eye fillers such as Belotero or Restylane under the eyes would be fabulous for you.  You would only need "baby" Botox to look great.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Eye Rejuvenation

There are a few options that I can suggest to improve your condition. A retinol based eye cream is great option. Options include: -ZO® Olluminate Eye Repair -ZO® HydrafirmT -SkinCeuticals® AOX Eye Gel Other options include botox injection into the lower eyelid. Filler is not likely going to fix the problem and might make it worse. Surgery for excessive buldging might be an option as well. Skin resurfacing procedures (laser resurfacing with CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array or OBAGI® controlled depth chemical peel) might be an option. This is an advanced technique so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Botox and Restylane

Thank you for the photos. You are right in that you do no need to jump into surgical treatments at your age to achieve a more refreshed look. A quick and simple solution would be to have hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane to your lower eyelid area to smooth and lighten the shadows and creases in the area. A small amount of Botox injected into the brow area will also give you a nice subtle brow lift and brighten your eyes as well. Hope this helps! For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Botox and Fillers for Periorbital Rejuvenation

Great question! I would probably consider Belotero for the tear trough and Juvederm or Voluma for the temples. Botox could be used to relaxed the muscles around the eyes giving a more open and refreshed appearance to your eyes although in your case I feel that filler is a priority over Botox. 

Young woman with very early signs of eye aging

It's best to do very minimal interventions in your case at this point.

Botox and Restylane, if subtly done, could improve the shape of your eye area slightly.

Preventative maintenance is also important to minimize the effects of aging!

However, don't jump into surgery until there is a clear indication, or you will join the ranks of those who look 'odd'.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Treatment of lids and tear troughs

Thanks for your questions. Botox can certainly provide a temporary (3 months or so) brow lift, and Restylane is a good choice for tear trough correction (can last a year or more).
For the lids/brow, you may also want to look into skin tightening such as Pelleve or even a brow lift treatment with Ultherapy (this is stronger than Pelleve and the result will last longer).
Best
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Wanting more youthful eyes

Thank you for sharing your question. You are correct that there are noninvasive procedures that can help refresh your eyes. Botox can elevate your brows and pull up the extra skin. Restylane can be used to fill in the hollows beneath your eyes. See an experienced Oculoplatic Surgeon for detailed evaluation and discussion of possible treatments.
Good luck,

Botox could lift brow

Start simple and find a plastic surgeon you like and have Botox injected slightly under your brow to elevate you brow.   This gives a subtle but nice effect that I think you might appreciate.     My Best,   Dr Commons